El Ejido SICTED destination
The SICTED (Integral System of Tourist Quality in Destination), is a project promoted by the State Secretariat of Tourism (SET), together with the Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces (FEMP) and financed entirely by the Town Council of El Ejido.
It is aimed at tourism companies and services, based on specific Manuals of Good Practices, depending on the sector, and with the fulfilment of the same, the “Commitment to Tourism Quality” label is awarded.
The SICTED means much more than a simple distinction or individual certification, since its main objective is to establish a minimum of homogeneous quality throughout El Ejido as a destination and to strengthen the collaboration between private enterprise and the administration, in order to promote the business network and the satisfaction of customers / tourists.
There are 36 sectors in which practically all the services and companies in our municipality have a place: Beaches, Restaurants, Accommodation, Leisure Parks, Cafeterias-Bars, Taxis and so on.
In Spain there are over 230 SICTED Destinations, with more than 9,000 companies adhering to the programme and around 6,000 companies already displaying the SICTED logo at their entrance. It is worth noting that 50 Destinations are in Andalusia with more than 1,000 companies already certified. To date, El Ejido continues to be the second in Andalusia in terms of the number of certified companies (behind Malaga).
Since 2015, when El Ejido Town Council registered as a “Tourist Destination” until 2022, companies have been joining the programme, we have been training and advising them to standardise quality in the different sectors throughout the municipality. Currently, there are 70 distinguished companies in the following sectors: beaches, restaurants, bars-cafeterias, golf courses, tourist office, accommodation, shops, among others.
Benefits for companies:
- Free of charge.
- Improves internal management.
- Increases staff qualification and motivation.
- Receive technical assistance to support improvement in the company.
- Promotion and dissemination at national and international level (by SICTED Spain and by the promotions carried out by Destination El Ejido itself: tourist guides, press, fairs, etc.).
- Differentiation from the competition through the badge.
- It makes it easier to obtain grants.
- There is the possibility of receiving technical level courses financed by the Secretary of State for Tourism, the Andalusian Regional Government, the European Union and the Town Council.
Benefits that SICTED provides to El Ejido destination:
- Homogeneous quality in tourist services and companies.
- Increases tourist/customer satisfaction.
- Encourages loyalty.
- Increases the involvement and participation of businessmen and businesswomen in the tourist development of El Ejido as a Destination
El Ejido Town Council Tourism Department
Phone: +34 950 54 10 27
If you want to get directly in touch with SICTED you can do it through its website: www.calidadendestinos.es.
SICTED companies in EL EJIDO
APARTAMENTOS TURÍSTICOS DREAM SEA
HOTEL AR ALMERIMAR
HOTEL GOLF ALMERIMAR
GRAN HOTEL VICTORIA
HOSTAL SANTO DOMINGO
HOSTAL TRUCK STOP DEL PONIENTE
PENSIÓN TRUCK STOP EL EJIDO
OFICINA DE INFORMACIÓN TURÍSTICA
PLAYA DE BALERMA
PLAYA PONIENTE ALMERIMAR
PLAYA SAN MIGUEL
VÍCTOR FERNÁNDEZ CENTER
DEFONTINA Y UVA
HOTEL EL EDEN
IOOGO – PECCATO
LA COSTA RESTAURANTE
BARRA DE JOSÉ ÁLVAREZ
LA COSTA PENSIÓN
CENTRAL SNACK BAR
TERTULIA CAFÉ BAR
LA ALMUNYA DEL SUR
LA LONJA DE BALERMA
MADDOX CENTRO ÓPTICO
AQUA ZEN SPA
AUDITORIO DE EL EJIDO
DALL VILLA ART
APART. PUERTO DE ALMERIMAR
AVANZA EN VERDE EL EJIDO
CHARO VILLANUEVA, TOCADOS Y SOMBREROS
CLUB TIEMPO LIBRE
LA YAYA HELADERÍA ARTESANA